POST-OP Instructions for LaserWhite Procedure
INSTRUCTIONS /PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS
- Patient expectations must be discussed prior to the start of the whitening process. It is recommended to evaluate tooth shade prior to the procedure and again at the conclusion of the treatment.
- A rebound effect of tooth shade could occur. Be aware that stabilization of tooth shade may take several days to two weeks after the treatment. The patient may experience positive (lighter) or negative (darker) rebound after this procedure is completed for up to two weeks.
- Areas of hypocalcification ( white spots) will bleach faster than adjacent tooth structure. These are not always clinically evident at the onset of whitening.
- The patient should be advised not to consume products that stain teeth up to 48 hours after treatment. This would include, but not be limited to, some fruits, coffee, red wine, tomato sauces, tea, tobacco, etc.
- Since LaserWhite20 whitening gel is an oxidizing agent and oxidizing agents have been reported to potentiate the action of some carcinogens, it is recommended that patients discontinue the use of tobacco and alcohol-containing products prior to the use of this whitening system and during any part of the whitening procedure.
- Keep whitening gel out of the reach of children. Ensure that whitening gel is not accessible by children or unqualified personnel.
Call office if questions Fenton Office Phone Number 810-629-0601 or www.jamesrachordds.com